Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thank you, Natasha.

I know, it's not exactly the most sophisticated of movies, but I have to confess that I really did enjoy watching the remake of  "The Parent Trap" with Bekah and Anna when they were younger. Except maybe in those stages when they seemed to want to watch it all the time, I usually ended up watching with them, at least the scenes with Natasha Richardson. She made the movie for me.

She also did a truly wonderful job reading and recording Roald Dahl's The BFG which Anna purchased for herself years ago. I am glad we still have that around to listen every now and then to her narration and her portraying all the characters--the little girl, the queen of England, and the B(ig) F(riendly) G(iant) among them. 

While I've never seen her in the kinds of raw and gutsy roles for which she is best known (I can imagine her power in them), I am grateful for the loveliness she added to my children's childhood days and to my part in them. And I'm sorry for her way too sudden death of a skiing accident, and a seemingly benign one at that (wear helmets, please, skier friends). 


No comments: